Community Redevelopment Agency
Under Florida law (Chapter 163, Part III), local governments are able to designate areas as Community Redevelopment Areas when certain conditions exist. Since all the monies used in financing CRA activities are locally generated, CRA’s are not overseen by the State, but redevelopment plans must be consistent with local government comprehensive plans.
The City of Opa-locka Community Redevelopment Agency Board is Chaired by Chair Jannie Russell. The board members include Mayor Matthew Pigatt, Vice Mayor Chris Davis, Commissioner Sherelean Bass, Commissioner Alvin Burke, Commissioner Joseph L. Kelley, and Rose Tydus.
CRA Projects and Programs
2020 Opa-locka CRA Small Business Renovation Grant (Facade Improvement)
Business owners in the City of Opa-locka CRA area, we are kicking off our first round of the 2020 Small Business Facade and Property Improvement Grant Program. We are excited to be able to help our small business during these trying times.
Applications will be available July 6th - September 30th // AWARDS ARE UP TO $15,000
To qualify for business property improvements, you must meet the following criteria:
1. You can be the owner of the property or a business owner renting space/location.
2. Proof of ownership (if owned by a corporation, provide copy articles of incorporation)
3. Copy of current County business tax receipts is required. If occupancy is pending renovation of the building, then a copy of the occupational licenses certificate application or a bonafide executed lease will be sufficient.
4. Proof of property taxes paid on property proposed for rehabilitation.
5. Insurance documentation, if applicable.
6. Business must be located in the City of Opa-locka CRA area see below:
- CRA Bylaws (PDF)
- CRA Boundaries (PDF)
- CRA Master Plan (PDF)
- Community Redevelopment Agency Finding of Necessity (PDF)
- Miami Dade County Interlocal Cooperation Agreement (PDF)
- Opa-locka Downtown Concept Plan (PDF)
- Resolution 10-8043 - Finding of Necessity (PDF)
- Resolution 10-8054 - Finding Need for a CRA (PDF)
- CRA 2018-2019 Annual Report (PDF)
- CRA 2017-2018 Annual Report (PDF)
- CRA 2016-2017 Annual Report (PDF)
- CRA 2015-2016 Annual Report (PDF)