Click to Home

Go To Search

Opa-locka News

Posted on: September 29, 2017

Occupational License Renewal

Every business in the City of Opa-locka must show current proof of garbage service, or a waiver, by calling Waste Management, Inc.  (305) 479-0891 or Great Waste (305) 688-6188.  If your landlord pays for this service, submit proof such as a lease or notarized affidavit from the landlord.

All private schools, day care centers, nursery schools, hospitals, etc., must show a current health department inspection approval from Dade County and must renew their Certificate of Occupancy prior to renewing the Occupational License. An annual inspection fee of $100 is required to obtain the Certificate of Occupancy.

All apartments, rooming houses, restaurants, cafeterias, and any business that is engaged in the preparation of food must submit a current copy of the required Florida Hotel and Restaurant License.  If you have any questions, please call that department at (305) 470-5680.

All retail grocery stores, delicatessens, drug stores, bakeries, bars, fruit vendors, food and meat processing plants are required to submit a current copy of the State of Florida Agricultural Department approval.  Their telephone number is (305) 470-6900.

All establishments that sell or store tobacco, liquor, beer, wine, etc. must submit a current State of Florida Alcoholic Beverage and/or Tobacco License.  The number for the Alcohol & Tobacco office is (305) 470-6783. 

All contractors must provide a copy of their current Municipal Contractor’s License.

All peddlers must submit two 2” X 2” photos of themselves, a current doctor’s certificate of good
Health if handling food and proof of auto insurance.

All auto mechanics, auto body shops,  hospitals, animal hospitals, junk and salvage yards, boat repair shops, funeral homes, churches, coin and commercial laundries, chemical manufacturing sites, pest control facilities, printing facilities, photographic processing facilities, paint and battery manufacturers, machine shops, furniture manufacturers and any other business as required by law, must  have and provide a copy of their current Miami-Dade County DERM (Department of Environmental Resources Management) permit.  ALL BUSINESSES ARE REQUIRED TO HAVE D.E.R.M. APPROVAL.  Auto repair shops must also have a Miami-Dade County MOTOR VEHICLE REPAIR CERTIFICATE.

If you are no longer engaged in the occupation described on the Renewal Notice, please note thereon and return to our office.  Please report any ownership changes immediately.  There will be a $6.00 fee to transfer the license.

For more information please contact us at 305.953.2868, Option 6

Occupational License Renewal Form
Facebook Twitter Google Plus Email

Other News in Opa-locka News

Keeping our residents safe and informed

Posted on: September 19, 2017

After Hours Support Line

Posted on: February 8, 2017

City of Opa-Locka, Florida - Incorporated 1820
Opa-Locka Florida
780 FISHERMAN ST., 4th FLOOR • OPA-LOCKA, FL 33054 • (305) 953-2868
HomeContact UsSitemapTranslateCopyright NoticeAccessibilityPrivacy PolicyPowered by CivicPlus